Create easily your Linux embedded system
Ac6 System Workbench for Linux, helps you develop both your Linux platform and your applications. It provides a convenient, comprehensive and powerful environment for embedded system developpers.
A Complete environment
Ac6 System Workbench offers an integrated graphical environment to provide intuitive use. The range of tools gives the possibility to fully-configure and to build the kernel and the applicative layer to generate a complete Linux distribution according your expectations. All the tools contributes to accelerate and to make the development setting up easier and successful.
Ac6 System Workbench is an Eclipse plug-in. Eclipse is an open source Integrated Development Environment - IDE -, used and contributed by many companies. It provides a graphical interface and automatic tasks. This plug-in is working and is fully-integrated with the latest version of Eclipse. AC6 System Workbench enhanced the Eclipse features to support the development for the embedded world.
Define your target platform
Ac6 System Workbench has been designed to match developers’ expectations : user-friendly interface, sensible default settings and flexible configuration. The parts of the target platform definition consists (parameters stored in a Manifest file) of :
- Processor Architecture definition (configure, compile and install your Linux kernel)
- Cross-compiler toolchain (prebuilt and configurable Tooset)
- Communication media (network, serial line...)
- Debugger configuration (software debugger, JTAG debugger)
- Package configuration settings for userland programs
- Filesystem configuration (support, formats, partitioning...)
Ac6 System Workbench goals and benefits
- Configure, compile and install your Linux kernel, as well as user level package
- Customizable target platform management
- Debug remote application
- Allow better teamwork management
- Simplify development of asymmetric multicore applications (on adapted CPUs)
System Workbench for Linux, includes a pack of platform libraries and a libraries editor. A platform library is a set of package definitions which can be imported into your applicative platform as packages, thus accelerating platform development and preventing mistakes.
Ac6 provides you with proactive support around Ac6 System Workbench for Linux. The project philosophy is to provide tools that help the developers in to go through time-consuming phase, but at same time, to provide flexibility in configuration.
Please contact us to discuss your needs and your suggestions to improve the product (including new manufacturers’ target platform support).